The Middle East is currently going through a turbulent time which has not been seen my generation. Since we are currently studying the American Revolution in class, I thought it would be interesting to hear some feedback on the revolutions happening in Egypt, Libya, etc. What do they have in common with the American Revolution? How are they different? Do they have any resemblence to the French Revolution?
If anything is learned inside of my classroom, I want it to be shown that events that happen in the past are still affecting us today. What is happening in Egypt today will have ramifications 100 years later and beyond. In the world of 24 hour news coverage we become so immune to breaking news that we as a society have a tendancy to forget the magnitude of such events. Take a minute or two and think about a couple of events that have happened in your own lifetime which you think will have an effect 100 years later. For example, for me it is without question 9/11. I was in sixth grade in Mrs. Banner's class and can remember it like it was yesterday. Post your comments below, I will be very interested to see the responses.
Well wishes,
Mr. Bennaka
No comments:
Post a Comment